Status of Markleeville Area Services
Markleeville Area Services and Programs
The status of services is continually changing so please check back often. We'll update this page with current information as our community strives to provide services. If you have an update to add, please call/text 530-721-5097.
Road Closures 8/13/2
Airport Road-- Airport Road from Highway 89 to Indian Creek Campground is closed to the public until further notice due to hazardous tree removal operations.
8-27-21 Highway 50 is closed in both directions from the Sly Park Road exit to Meyers (Highway 50 and Highway 89 junction) due to Caldor Fire.
FRONTIER UPDATE 8-28-2021
Except for the Alpine County Museum, residential and County phones service has been restored. The Museum is expected to be back online next week.
Mail Delivery-- Normal operations resumed as of 8-21-2021
Senior Lunches—Resumed Monday August 2, 2021
Tribal TANF Office--Open normal hours
Dial-a-ride--Normal operations have resumed. Call Ron to schedule 530-721-1097
Superior Court--The Court resumed normal operations Thursday, August 26, 2021. Court staff have returned to work at the Courthouse and can be reached at (530) 694-2113. If you have questions about your case or filing a document, please contact the clerk’s office by telephone. The Superior Court Clerk’s office is open Monday through Fridays 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with the exception of Court Holidays. You can also mail your filings by US Mail to: Alpine County Superior Court, PO Box 518, Markleeville, CA 96120..
COUNTY OFFICES—Most offices are resuming at least limited services. We are continually updating this list. If an office isn't listed, it means they haven’t confirmed yet. Please check back often as this will be updated with new information as we receive it. We'll also post status updates to County Offices to the Tamarack Fire Facebook Page
- Behavioral Health Services--Open to public 8-5, firstname.lastname@example.orgMon-Fri. 530-721-5008. 24-hour Crisis Line 510-420-3210 --A local practitioner will return your call
- Public Health Clinic-- Open on Tuesday and Thursday 8 to 5. Drop ins are welcome at this time. Message/calls for Social Services and Public Health 530-694-2644
- Library-- Bookmobile service on Wednesdays to Sierra Pines 9:30-10; Hung-a-lel-ti 10:15-10:45; Woodfords (Mad Dog Café) 11:00-11:30; Kirkwood 12:00-1:00; material requests can be placed by emailing email@example.com ; ZipBook orders can be submitted online through Library website. The building is closed until phone/internet service returns. 8/11/21 .
- County Clerk--open to the public 8-5 Mon-Fri. Appointments regarding marriage licenses and passports required. Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessor/Recorder’s Office—open to public 8-5, Mon-Fri. For more detailed information visit their website or send an email
- Sheriff’s Office— Temporary non-emergency line: 530-721-0757; Temporary dispatch line: 775-782-5126
- District Attorney’s Office-- open by appointment only. To schedule, send an email to email@example.com Temporary (non-emergency) phone number 530-721-2893
- Museum--Open to public Fri & Sat from 10-3. Possibly open Sundays 10-3, depending on staffing level
- Community Development Department – Open to the public 8-5. For general inquiries, please contact Sarah Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Turtle Rock Park & Campground--Closed until further notice
Woodfords Mutual Water Company—operating as normal
Markleeville Water Company—See their website for current info (markleevillewatercompnay.com)
BHS Yoga program—Resumed in Library Park on Tues and Thus from 5:30=6:30 starting August 10, 2021 (May move to Zoom if smoke at unhealthy level)
Customer Service: 800-782-2506
Tamarack Fire Information: 775-434-8629
JT Chevallier, PIO Situational updates and general community questions: 530-721-1339