The Forest Health Community Work Group works to create fire-safe communities and restore our forests and watersheds to a healthy and resilient state. We engage community members and local groups to provide educational opportunities and civil discourse so that we can make progress on living amidst a more resilient forest.
The Group is preparing a schedule of discussions and meetings on forest health and wildfire issues. The tentative schedule is as follows:
- April 28th, 12 noon, Turtle Rock Park - Arbor Day TRP Visioning with restoration discussion and tree planting
- May 23rd, 5:30pm, Turtle Rock Park - Community Wildfire Protection Plan Public Meeting
- June 27th, 5:30pm, Turtle Rock Park - Restoration Projects in the Tamarack Fire
- July date TBD - Field Trip on Fire History and Forest Health in Eastern Alpine County
- August date TBD - Field Trip on Specific Projects in Eastern Alpine County