Maps & Property Information
Due to restraints of Government Code 6254.21, we do not publish Assessor maps, recorded maps or property information such as values or ownership on this website. Fortunately, some information is available through the third party link below.
Notice: Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Alpine County Administration building's doors are currently locked but you are welcome to make an appointment to come in to access our counter services, just like in the past. Appointments are available for a maximum of two people together and are available on-the-hour from 9am to 11am and 1pm to 4 pm weekdays. For your safety, we sanitize the public space between visitors. Please contact the particular staff member that you want to make the appointment with. They will meet you at the front door and let you in at your appointment time. Cloth face covering and use of hand sanitizer is required for entry.
All staff is working and available to handle your needs during normal business hours. All communication with our office should be done via phone, email or by US Mail / overnight courier. Our address and contact information is available below or on this link. In addition to US Mail, a drop box is available outside the Administration building to deposit documents or overnight courier parcels.
At the Assessor / Recorders Office public counter you can do the following
- View and purchase Assessor Parcel Maps (APN Maps), Official Recorded Maps and Survey Maps. Copies are available for a fee
- View assessor parcel ownership information (no phone numbers).
- View databases of Real Estate sales in Alpine County.
- Search the Grantor/Grantee index and view recorded documents.
- Search for information by parcel number, recording date, instrument type or instrument date.
- Record, view and purchase copies of recorded documents associated with Real Estate transactions including: deeds, liens and easements.
- Get assistance with property valuation, ownership and parcel map questions.
Search Assessor Information Online
- Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) or address search with supplemental estimating tool, available from a third party (no owner name info). The search program allows you to search by either Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) or by street address. Some parcels, such as vacant land, have not been assigned street addresses, an APN will be necessary to perform a search.
Road maps, Forest Service maps and USGS topo maps are available from the Chamber of Commerce in Markleeville. Forest Service maps are also available from the various Forest Service offices throughout the region.
A recorded document and Grantor/Grantee search is available on the Recorder's web page. All public information is available to view for free at the at the Assessor/Recorders Office in the County Administration Building at 99 Water Street, Markleeville. Another option is to check with your local title company, they may have the information you are looking for.
For map & property information, come by or contact the Assessors office at:
99 Water Street
P.O. Box 155
Markleeville, CA 96120
Phone: (530) 694-2283
General office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - excluding holidays