The next County Clean-Up Day will be scheduled for the fall of 2021.
About the Event
The county clean-up day is held twice a year, in the spring and fall at the Public Works Yard, 50 Diamond Valley Road. The event is free of charge and is provided as a courtesy to Alpine County residents. Dumpsters are provided by Douglas Disposal to Alpine County residential customers as part of its franchise, the cost of which is included in residential customers monthly rate.
- Residential household garbage
- Treated wood waste
- Water heaters
- Intact TVs
- Aluminum beverage cans, cleaned and crushed
- Glass, cleaned without lids
- Plastic containers, cleaned and flattened
- Tin cans
- White paper
- Cardboard, flattened at seams
- Uncontaminated motor oil, five gallon container maximum
Not Accepted Items
- Commercial business garbage, waste, or debris
- Construction debris and construction site clearing debris or slash
- Light bulbs
- Stumps or similar debris
Due to COVID-19, County staff will not be able to assist in unloading materials. For more information, please contact Alpine County Community Development at 530-694-2140.
The fall County Clean-Up Day is scheduled for Saturday, October , 2021, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until containers are full.