The Tamarack Fire has decimated the area and forced the evacuation of our offices in Markleeville along with the eastern side of Alpine County. Our hearts go out to our community, family, friends and everyone affected by this tragic situation.
We do not have an estimated date to reenter the Government Center. Many power lines need replaced before power is restored to Markleeville. The phone lines and the server lines were destroyed by the fire. This means that we currently do not have files readily available to us.
In the meantime, our email is functional and everyone is diligently working remotely to get our office up and running.
The county clerk is also the ex officio registrar of voters, ex officio clerk of the Board of Supervisors, commissioner of marriages, county parking agent and Local Agency Formation Commission executive officer.Please contact us by email.
Marriage License and Passports will be available by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, please call (530) 694-2281 or email.
Services provided by the County Clerk's Office include:
- Issuing marriage licenses, filing fictitious business name statements, processing passport applications, administering and filing oaths of office and statements of economic interests, filing grand jury reports, filing power of attorney statements
- Processing and maintaining all board records and agendas, attending and taking minutes at sessions of the board and its affiliated agencies (including Board of Equalization, Local Transportation Commission, and Water Agency)
- Maintaining local appointments list and processing applications for board-appointed commissions (Planning Commission, Library Commission, Commission on Aging, etc.)
- Registering voters in the county and maintaining voter files, verifying petitions, filing campaign statements, conducting elections in the county
- Receiving parking violation payments and processing appeals