The county clerk is also the ex officio registrar of voters, ex officio clerk of the Board of Supervisors, commissioner of marriages, county parking agent and Local Agency Formation Commission executive officer.
Due to concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, the public will no longer be able to access the Alpine County Administration building. All communication with our office will need to be done via phone, email or by paper. We will continue to receive US Mail and a drop box is available outside the Administration building to deposit paper communication, documents to be recorded or overnight courier parcels. Staff will be available during normal business hours to communicate with and to process recordings and documents that we receive from the US Mail or through the drop box.
Services provided by the County Clerk's Office include:
- Issuing marriage licenses, filing fictitious business name statements, processing passport applications, administering and filing oaths of office and statements of economic interests, filing grand jury reports, filing power of attorney statements
- Processing and maintaining all board records and agendas, attending and taking minutes at sessions of the board and its affiliated agencies (including Board of Equalization, Local Transportation Commission, and Water Agency)
- Maintaining local appointments list and processing applications for board-appointed commissions (Planning Commission, Library Commission, Commission on Aging, etc.)
- Registering voters in the county and maintaining voter files, verifying petitions, filing campaign statements, conducting elections in the county
- Receiving parking violation payments and processing appeals