Kick it California
Kick it California, previously called the California Smokers' Helpline, is a helpline that can help you quit tobacco. Helpline services are free, and funded by the California Department of Public Health. The Helpline has been in operation since 1992.
Services offered: Self-help materials, a referral list of other programs, and one-on-one counseling over the phone or texting.
Click here to sign up or access materials. Or, the Alpine County Health Department will do it for you. Cessation options that may be covered by your insurance are available at the Health Department also. Call 530-721-2146 extension 242 or ask for Erica.
Kick it California is committed to serving California's diverse populations. Language services available:
- English: 1-800-NO-BUTTS (800-662-8887) or text "Quit smoking" to 66819
- Spanish: 1-800-600-8191
- California Tobacco Chewers' Helpline: 1-800-844-CHEW (800-844-2439)
- Vaping Quit Help: 1-844-8NO-VAPE (844-866-8273) or text "I can quit" to 66819
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
If you call after hours or if the lines are busy, you will reach the Helpline's 24-hour voice mail service. Leave a message and someone will return your call.
- For those living outside of California, please call 800-QUIT-NOW and you will be connected with your local quitline.
- In addition, the National Cancer Institute offers a list of states with local "quitline" telephone numbers.