The mission of the Alpine County Child Abuse Prevention Council is to encourage and support interactive community based programs to ensure that children and families are safe and healthy. (established pursuant to AB 1980, Article 2, Section 18982.2)
Purpose and Objectives
Subject to specific and general direction from the Board of Supervisors of Alpine County, the primary purpose of the Alpine County Child Abuse Prevention Council is to coordinate the community's efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse.
The functions of the Council, in accordance with Welfare and Institutions Code §18982.2, shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination in the prevention, detection, treatment, and legal processing of child abuse cases;
- To promote public awareness of the abuse and neglect of children and the resources available for intervention and treatment;
- To encourage and facilitate training of professionals in the detection, treatment, and prevention of child abuse and neglect;
- To recommend improvements in services to families and victims;
- To encourage and facilitate community support for child abuse and neglect programs.
- To serve as an advocate for children and families in Alpine County.
For more information contact Child Abuse Prevention Council.