Maps & Property Information
Due to restraints of Government Code 6254.21, we do not publish property information such as values or ownership on this website. Fortunately, some information is available through the third party link below.
At the Assessor / Recorders Office public counter you can do the following
- View and purchase Assessor Parcel Maps (APN Maps), Official Recorded Maps and Survey Maps. Copies are available for a fee. There is an additional $2.00 fee for credit card purchases. Purchase maps or documents online
- View assessor parcel ownership information (no phone numbers).
- View databases of Real Estate sales in Alpine County.
- Search the Grantor/Grantee index and view recorded documents.
- Search for information by parcel number, recording date, instrument type or instrument date.
- Record, view and purchase copies of recorded documents associated with Real Estate transactions including: deeds, liens and easements.
- Get assistance with property valuation, ownership and parcel map questions.
Search Assessor Information Online
- Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) or address search with supplemental estimating tool, available from a third party (no owner name info). The search program allows you to search by either Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) or by street address. Some parcels, such as vacant land, have not been assigned street addresses, an APN will be necessary to perform a search.
- Assessor Parcel Maps (APN Maps) and Recorded Maps are available to be purchased directly from us. In addition to being available at our counter or purchase maps online.
There's an additional $2.00 fee for any purchase made with a credit card and all sales are final.
Road maps, Forest Service maps and USGS topo maps are available from the Chamber of Commerce and at the General Store in Markleeville. Forest Service maps are also available from the various Forest Service offices throughout the region.
For free map and property information, come by or contact the Assessors office at
Another option is to check with your local title company, they may have the information you are looking for.